Next week (probably) I will start blogging THE HOST. BY STEPHENIE MEYER. AREYOUASECSTATICASIAM?!?! Probably not. Now a few things:
1. I chose to blog The Host for several reasons. First, it got the most votes on the poll I put up a while back. Second, there's a lot of discussion material there. Third, there is no sequel so if I find that I absolutely hate blogging books, I don't have to actually blog a book ever again.
2. I have read this book before. But it was back when I was in the 14-15 age range and still thought Edward was the hottest thing to happen to the world. So the new perspective should be...enlightening.
3. I'm not going to rip it apart just because Stephenie Meyer wrote it. I know that a lot of you guys LOVE to see the Twilight series trashed, and to some extent so do I, but if I recall correctly I actually liked The Host better than the vampire book stuff. Then again, that's not saying much, because I wore a lot of Abercrombie when I was reading both books and I think the fumes messed with my brain. That would account for all of the blue eyeshadow that I used to wear. ANYWAY the point is that I'll give this book a chance.
4. If this is a terrible idea, TOO BAD SUCKAS! Hahahahahahaha. I'm hilarious! Right? Right, guys?
5. If you'd like to read along, I'll probably do a chapter a week, unless I feel like doing more, but I'll let you guys know if I do an extra via TWITTER or FACEBOOK. Quick reminder, if you're about to go add me on Facebook, make sure to add the Megan Prietzel with the funny cartoon as a profile picture. THANKS.
6. Is my favorite number.
7. I won't be making predictions, since I already know what's going to happen. Vaguely. Instead, I'll follow in the footsteps of the illustrious Dan Bergstein and do some deleted scenes. Probably. Unless I decide to do something else. Which I most likely wont. If you have any ideas or suggestions, leave 'em in the comments or shoot me an email at email@example.com.